Beyond the Western Deep is an anthro adventure fantasy webcomic written by Alex Kain and illustrated by Rachel Bennett.
The four kingdoms of Sunsgrove, Aisling, Navran, and Kishar have a tenuous peace between them - one that will be shattered when the dispossessed race of Ermehn try to retake Aisling, their old kingdom.
- Violence: Cartoon Blood
- Profanity: Mild Profanity
- Adult Themes: Unknown
- Profanity: None, unless you count a few uses of "damn".
- Sexual Content: Absolutely none.
- Violence: Characters are killed, with some blood shown.
About the Creator(s)
- Alex Kain (writer) is a Narrative Designer at award-winning game developer ArenaNet. He has been writing and designing games professionally since 2007. Since then, he has contributed to over 20 titles on over a dozen platforms. In 2010, he also wrote and co-created the story Potential in the Eisner-award-winning and New York Times-bestselling collection Mouse Guard: Legends of the Guard Volume 1 with artist Sean Rubin.
- Rachel Bennett (main artist) graduated from Brigham Young University in 2009 with a BFA in animation. Since then, she has been working freelance – primarily illustration work in Flash. Drawing comics and storyboards is merely a hobby for her at present, but it is one she enjoys.
- Jerome Jacinto (artist for the Beyond the Western Deep side story, Song of the Eastern Sands) graduated from the University of Santo Tomas with a BFA in advertising. Jacinto started his freelance career back in 2010. His most visible projects thus far are his artistic contributions to League of Geeks’ Armello (PC, PS4), for which he illustrated and animated in-game cards and quest-giver portraits, and Pocket Watch Games’ Tooth and Tail (PC) where he co-created the art direction, character designs, and in-game portraits.
In addition to its online format, two printed volumes have been released so far.